Sunday, April 6, 2008

To Pass or not to Pass

I was being the typical tech nerd that I am and ran across a little video that I think most of us can identify with. As we approach the end of the year we always have to make decisions about some of our students. Do they pass do they not? Who decides a 70% is passing and a 69% is failure? Had the teacher just let the student turn in some late work they would have passed.

In all of our souls we have the job of balancing justice with mercy. God seems to be much better at that than we are but unfortunately the decision is often in our hands. As we approach those end of the year decisions I thought I’d share the little video below. It might be worth passing on to your teachers.



On another note I know many of you are looking at school data management solutions. I am familiar with powerschool and have heard good things about it. PND uses Blackbaud which is really more geared towards businesses but alas it looks like we are stuck. At the NCEA conference I did run into some people from a company called Option C.

OPTION C’s staff was very impressive. The specialize in solutions for Catholic Schools and offer tuition management along with web design. Their prices seem on the more competitive side and because of their uniqueness of what they do their customer service seems to be exceptional. They’re not paying me I just thought I’d share.

No comments: